25 Chancellors Circle
Elizabeth Dafoe Library Website
- Elizabeth Dafoe Library is generally accessible to wheelchair-users.
- Anticipate obstruction and narrowing of pathways from book stacks, booktrucks, and study carrels. Please ask for assistance at Service Desk.
- North side of B lot, in front of University College Residence, and N lot on Chancellors Circle have designated accessible parking.
- For further information on Accessible Parking contact Parking Services at 204-474-9483.
- There are a few designated accessible parking spaces in B Lot close to the entrance to Fletcher Argue Building.
- After going through two sets of doors at the entrance to the Fletcher Argue Building, you will pass by IST Help & Solution Center on your left. Shortly, you will see the first right turn. Within 7-8 meters from the corner, right across from Green Cafe, you will find an elevator that will take you to the main floor of the Dafoe Library. If you need any assistance, please contact Service Desk at the Dafoe Library, (204) 474-9844.
Building and Library Entrance
- Elizabeth Dafoe Library is at street level on 25 Chancellors Circle with accessible doors to the building
- To get there in a wheelchair, enter the front doors off of 25 Chancellors Circle. Use the accessibility door to enter the library.
- If you are driving, please see Parking section.
- Main elevator goes to all 3 floors
- Additional elevator connected to the tunnel of the building, and to the exit right across from Green Cafe. This route connects the Library's main floor to the Fletcher Argue Building exit to B Lot.
- Computers are set up on pillars and are at desk level
- The two computer labs have standard width door
- Reference book stacks on the main floor are well spaced
- Second & Third Floor book stacks range from narrow to wide depending on the sections of shelves
- Mezzanine area on the second floor is not wheelchair accessible
- Accessible on the main floor
Photocopiers and Print Stations
- Printers are on the main floor behind the Service Desk
- 2 copiers across the Service Desk
- 1 copier in the Self Service Reserve Room