186 Dysart Road, Winnipeg, MB, 211 Machray Hall
Sciences and Technology Library Website
- The Sciences and Technology Library is not very accessible to wheelchair-users.
- Anticipate obstruction and narrowing of pathways and doorways from book stacks, booktrucks, and study carrels.
- There is no designated accessible parking for street parking. Sifton Road between Allen and Parker buildings has accessible parking. For further information on Accessible Parking contact Parking Services at 204-474-9483
Building and library entrance
- Sciences and Technology Library is on the main floor of Machray Hall. Building has accessible entrance to the library(but entrance doorway to the library is narrow.
- To get there in a wheelchair, enter through the ramp by Allen and Armes Building, then head to Machray Hall
- Located on the main floor on the left past the circulation desk
- Computers are at desk level
- Apple Computer on the "accessibility table "
- Normal computer tables
- Computer Labs doors are standard width
- The first level is spacious with 32 computers with high and low shelves in the Reference
- None on the main floor - need to use the ones outside the library.
- All other floors have washrooms but they are not wheelchair accessible
Photocopiers and Print Stations
- 2nd floor - 2 photocopiers & 1 Pay for Print station
- 3rd floor - 1 photocopier
- 4th floor - 1 photocopier
Assistive Technology & Facilities
- adjustable-height tables (one with the iMac, the other by the windows)
- 1 iMac with software designed for accessibility
- VTEK Voyager magnifier located on the third floor beside the microfiche reader and VCR/TV Combo.