186 Dysart Road, Winnipeg, MB, 211 Machray Hall
Materials in Astronomy, Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Ecology, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Statistics, Zoology
204-789-3342 (reference); 204-789-3342 (circulation)
Sciences and Technology Library
- The Sciences and Technology Library is not very accessible to wheelchair-users.
- Anticipate obstruction and narrowing of pathways and doorways from book stacks, booktrucks, and study carrels.
adjustable-height tables (one with the iMac, the other by the windows)
1 iMac with software designed for accessibility
1 anti-glare desk lamp available from reserve
1 set of specialized headphones available from reserve
- VTEK Voyager magnifier located on the third floor beside the microfiche reader and VCR/TV Combo.
- There is no designated accessible parking for street parking. Sifton Road between Allen and Parker buildings has accessible parking.
Building and library entrance
- Sciences and Technology Library is on the main floor of Machray Hall. Building has accessible entrance to the library(but entrance doorway to the library is narrow.
- To get there in a wheelchair, enter through the ramp by Allen and Armes Building, then head to Machray Hall
- Located on the main floor on the left past the circulation desk
Library catalogue and computers
- Computers are at desk level
- Apple Computer on the "accessibility table "
- The first level is spacious with 32 computers with high and low shelves in the Reference
- Normal computer tables
- Doors are standard width
- None on the main floor - need to use the ones outside the library.
- All other floors have washrooms but they are not wheelchair accessible
Photocopiers and Print Stations
- 2nd floor - 2 photocopiers & 1 Pay for Print station
- 3rd floor - 1 photocopier
- 4th floor - 1 photocopier