The Assessment Tool Subject Guide
The Neil John Maclean Health Science Library Assessment Tool collection
Use the alphabetized drop down tabs at the top of this guide to go directly to the tool or find out how to search for tools using this page.
The Neil John Maclean Health Sciences Library will provide assessment tools and outcome measures for loan to faculty, students and staff of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA) with a valid University of Manitoba (U of M) Library ID. If you qualify to borrow a tool you will need to fill out and present this form to the NJMHSL Circulation staff.
Open the following sections for information on:
- Tools are for education, research and reference and are not to be used in clinical settings with patients or research subjects.
- Tools are for in-library use only unless permission is requested for use outside the library (see below).
- Tools are loaned out for a period of two hours unless the request is for outside library use (see below). The tools must be returned at least one hour before closing. The default reserve fine schedule will apply to overdue returns.
- Tools are comprised of various parts such as manuals, test booklets/forms, norms, scoring algorithms, test protocols, etc., that are copyrighted and borrowers must comply with copyright laws. Copyright labels are affixed to the tool items as a reminder.
- Faculty and staff who plan to use the tools for teaching or research may borrow tools for a period not to exceed (1) week.
- Students who plan to use tools for independent study, class presentations or education sessions in clinic or fieldwork sites may borrow the tools for a period not to exceed 24 hours.
- Students require supervising faculty to co-sign the Loan Agreement Form for such instances.
- Proof of qualifications as a therapist (e.g. membership in a professional organization such as the Canadian Occupational Therapy Association, Canadian Physiotherapy Association, etc.).
- Appropriate identification is provided in place of UofM Library ID (e.g. valid driver’s license).
- Tools are for in-library use only with no exceptions.