The Health Sciences Libraries at the University of Manitoba consist of the Neil John Maclean Health Sciences Library (Bannatyne Campus), the Carolyn Sifton-Helene Fuld Library (St. Boniface Hospital), Concordia Hospital Library, Bill Larson Library (Grace Hospital), Victoria General Hospital Library, Seven Oaks General Hospital Library, Sister St. Odilon Library (Misericordia Health Centre), J.W. Crane Memorial Library (Deer Lodge Centre), and Riverview Health Centre Library Services.
The mandate of the Health Sciences Libraries is to:
- Support the education, research and patient care requirements of the staff and students of the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences
- Be the primary source of health sciences information for the University of Manitoba faculty and students located at other teaching sites both in Winnipeg and in rural Manitoba.
- Serve and support the research and patient care related information needs of all employees at the hospitals and health centres in Winnipeg: Health Sciences Centre, Concordia Hospital, Grace General Hospital, the Saint Boniface Hospital, Seven Oaks General Hospital, Victoria General Hospital, Misericordia Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, and Riverview Health Centre.
- Serve and support the research and patient care related information needs of Winnipeg Regional Health Authority employees at Community Based Health Facilities and WRHA Corporate Offices.
- Provide reference and information services to the healthcare professionals working in the Regional Health Authorities in Manitoba, as well as those working at Manitoba Health.
- Provide health information to patients, family members, as well as to the general population, through the Consumer Health Information Service in support of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority's Strategic Direction "Enhancing the Patient Experience"