Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Geospatial Semester Workshops!
Software in Brown Lab, Elizabeth Dafoe Library
The Brown Lab on the first floor of Elizabeth Dafoe Library will contain the following software packages and/or plug-ins for GIS:
- ArcGIS Desktop v.10.7.1 and extensions
- ArcGIS Pro v. 2.4.1
- Geomatica 2017
- Geoviewer 9.0
- Google Earth Pro
GIS workshops are offered through the Geospatial Semester LibGuide.
From time to time our software gets upgraded.
Geospatial Data Viewers
“ArcGIS Online is a complete, cloud-based mapping platform that allows you to create interactive maps and apps and share them with the rest of your organization.”
- ExpressView Browser Plug-in
- GeoPlatform Web Map Viewer
- GPS Visualizer: Do-It-Yourself Mapping
- IrfanView [https://www.irfanview.com/]
IrfanView is a freeware for non-commercial use, available in 32 and 64 bit versions, that provides multi language support, Unicode support, Windows XP, Vista, 7, * and 10.
- Map Warper: a viewer that rectifies maps, and works with mosaics [https://mapwarper.net/]