Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Log into SciFinder
SciFinder Login (requires a one-time registration)
If you try signing into SciFinder and receive an error, clear the cache in your browser and try again. If you still have problem accessing SciFinder contact Marie Speare.
SciFinder Training Resources
Register for SciFinder
SciFinder requires a one-time registration and creation of a username/password. You'll need to login with this information each time you use SciFinder.
1. Go to SciFinder User Registration
2. Review the instructions for creating the username/password, then click the registration link at the end of the page. You must register with your University of Manitoba email address.
3. When you receive your confirmation email (which may go to your spam folder), click the link in the message to complete the registration.
4. Go to SciFinder Login to log into SciFinder.
What is included in SciFinder?
- journal articles and patents in all areas of chemistry from 1907 to present
- journal articles and patents that relate to chemical applications in agriculture, biology, environmental sciences, medical sciences, pharmacy, engineering, materials science, textile sciences, physics, geology, and food sciences
- also includes journal articles from Medline
- millions of substance records and CAS Registry Numbers
- selected journal articles from late 1800's
See What's New in SciFinder
Finding Full Text from SciFinder
To locate full-text articles click on the link to Other Sources in SciFinder (use the GetIt@UML button in other databases). To access these resources off-campus use your UMNetID and Password.