Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Locating The Economist
CPI.Q This link opens in a new window
The Canadian Periodical Index has been a core reference tool for accessing Canadian scholarly and popular periodicals since 1928. The electronic version available on the Articles and Databases menu is published by Gale Research and covers the years 1996, 1997 and 1998. About one third of the articles are full text.
There are two databases that index the Economist in the UML electronic resources: CPI.Q (Canadian Periodical Index) and ProQuest ABI Inform. You can quickly search using the respective Search box. If you want to keep abreast of what is being covered in the weekly Economist, you can set an e-mail alert based on the topic or region that is interest to you.
How to Browse The Economist Articles Using CPI.Q (POLS 2040) [TO BE UPDATED]
Browse the latest issues:
- Search Publications
- Enter "The Economist" in search box.
- Select "The Economist (Periodical)"
- Browse the results
Search by topic or region
- Start with Advanced Search
- Enter the work representing a region, (e.g., Asia).
- Enter "The Economist" and select Publication Title from the long list of pull-down menu.
- You can add more keyword(s) to narrow down your focus or leave it blank
- Sort by Newest.
- Browse and select and save.
- Select the Menu (with the text "More")
- You will see above options opened up for accessing My Folder and other tools.
Setting UP E-Mail Alert
- Click "Create Search Alert" button at the bottom of the right-hand column on the search results page.
- Fill out the form and submit.
Explore Journals in Public Affairs, Public Policy, and Public Administration
How To Receive Weekly Alert - ProQuest (POLS 2040) [TO BE UPDATED]
- Start with ProQuest's The Economist Page
- In Search Box, type in your region of interest and search.
- Go up to the right-top corner of the screen to set up your account (Register).
- While you are displaying the results you searched, you can save the search you just conducted. Once saved, you can set a weekly e-mail alert.
Be sure to fill out/select the options that work for you.