Each year the Society for Clinical Trials presents an award to the randomized clinical trial published (either electronically or in print) in the previous year that best fulfills the following standards:
- It improves the lot of humankind.
- It provides the basis for a substantial, beneficial change in health care.
- It reflects expertise in subject matter, excellence in methodology, and concern for study participants.
- It overcomes obstacles in implementation.
- The presentation of its design, execution, and results is a model of clarity and intellectual soundness.
These are exemplary examples of trial design and execution.