Call Number: Ua 12
Title: General Faculty Council fonds.
Extent: 0.61 m of textual records.
Administrative history: In 1901, the first organization of academic staff began in the Department of Science. In 1909, this body was re-named the University Faculty in view of the addition of professors in English, History, Political Economy, and Engineering. In 1912, these University Departments formed faculties in Arts and Science, Engineering, and Architecture. By 1921, increases in the number of departments led to the formation of the General Faculty Council. Representatives from each faculty composed the General Faculty Council. Its primary function was to submit proposals to Senate on academic matters. The Council also recommended the promotion of staff to Senate.
Scope and content: The fonds includes the minutes and correspondence from the original Faculty of Science Council, the minutes, correspondence and reports of the University Faculty and its committees, and minutes and correspondence of the General Faculty Council and its committees, including reports and correspondence of the General Faculty Council.
Restrictions: There are no restrictions on this material.
Finding aid: A printed finding aid is available in the Archives reading room.