Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
General Rules of Conduct
In using the Service, you represent that:
- you have read and understood the standard Community Norms practices for Dataverse (https://dataverse.org/best-practices/dataverse-community-norms); and
- You have read and understood The University of Manitoba’s Information Services and Technology Policies and Standards.
- You have read and understand The University of Manitoba Website Privacy Statement
- You have read and understood The University of Manitoba’s Use of Computer Facility Policy.
You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations in your Use of the Service, and your Use of Service shall not:
- infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity;
- be unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, or otherwise offensive or unlawful;
- constitute Spamming;
- cause, introduce into the Service, or otherwise use software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment, or that are designed or intended to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data files or other information of University of Manitoba Dataverse or any third party;
- impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on University of Manitoba Dataverse’s infrastructure (to be determined by University of Manitoba Dataverse in its sole discretion);
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; or
- bypass any measures University of Manitoba Dataverse may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service).
As both a registered User and an unregistered Guest, you are able to download publicly available Content from University of Manitoba Dataverse. As a condition to your gaining full Use of Service, you are required to register for and be logged into an Account on University of Manitoba Dataverse. You shall provide University of Manitoba Dataverse with accurate and complete Registration Information and regularly update such information to maintain its completeness and accuracy. Failure to do so may result in immediate termination of your Account. University of Manitoba Dataverse reserves the right to refuse registration of or cancel an Account in its sole discretion.
You are solely responsible for activity that occurs on your Account and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account password. You shall never use another user’s account without the other user’s express permission. You will immediately notify University of Manitoba Dataverse in writing of any unauthorized use of your account, or other account related security breach of which you are aware.
In having an account on the Service, you acknowledge that:
- your account details (including first name, last name, email address, and username) are searchable by other Users;
- your account details may be recorded when you download datasets, and that information can then be viewed by the owner of the User Upload; and
- your first name, last name, and affiliation will be displayed on the Service in connection with your User Uploads.