Consult a Librarian
Our librarians are subject specialists who have extensive knowledge of the resources available in various disciplines. They can provide advanced research consultations to individuals, as well as give in-class tutorials that are tailored to a specific subject, course or assignment. Click on the button next to a librarian's name in the left column to see their schedule and book an appointment. Librarians can help you:
- Develop research strategies
- Effectively use information resources, databases and tools
- Cite and manage your references using citation management tools (eg. EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero)
- Manage your data
- Make your research discoverable using ORCIDs
- Track your research impact using various metrics
- Stay current in your field
- ...more services
Other Ways to Get Help
- The Frequently Asked Questions page is helpful for getting quick answers to common questions
- The Learning at the Library link offers helpful research tips for students.
- The staff at any Library Service Desk can provide search tips and guide you through our many resources and services.
- Use Library Search to find a variety of material in our collections. It is a good place to do a broad, initial search on any topic.
- If you are using Library Search, you can initiate an online chat with library staff by clicking on the Ask Us icon.
- The Subject Guides provide key resources and tools to help you focus your search within a specific subject area.
- There are over 600 Library Databases that can also be used for in-depth research.