Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
To retrieve your item(s) from the hold locker, follow these steps:
The hold locker has an interactive touch screen.
Tap the Get Holds button to begin.
Scan (swipe) your student, staff, or faculty ID card.
Alternatively, you can type in your 14-digit ID number and then press the Login button.
Your requested item(s) will appear on the screen.
Tap the Accept button.
Wait for the item title(s) to highlight in green.
The door to your locker compartment will open and reveal requested items.
After retrieving ALL your items, tap the Finish button and close the compartment door.
- Access to the Hold Lockers is dependent upon building hours, building capacity, and swipe access (Bannatyne Campus). See access details for hold lockers.
- We are experiencing delays due to a high volume of requests.
- Be advised, physical materials are quarantined for 7 days after being returned.
- We are unable to provide hold locker pickup for alumni at this time.
How do I retrieve my items?
- You must have your 14-digit UM ID number to access the locker.
- To retrieve your items from the hold locker, follow the prompts on the screen or view the detailed pickup instructions.
- Once you receive the email notification that your requests are ready for pickup, you will have 3 business days to retrieve the items from the location you selected.
Where are the hold lockers located?
- Elizabeth Dafoe Library entrance foyer, 25 Chancellors Circle.
- Available 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Monday to Friday only.
- This location is for faculty, staff, and students on the Fort Garry campus.
- Neil John Maclean Health Sciences Library (outside library entrance), 2nd floor, 727 McDermot Avenue.
- Available 5:30 AM to 5:30 PM, subject to building capacity and swipe card accessibility
- This location is for faculty, staff, and students on the Bannatyne campus.
- Education Building, 3rd Floor (across from Room 334) -- unavailable at this time.
When can I pick up my requested items?
- You will receive an email notification when the requested item(s) are ready for pickup.
- You will have 3 business days to pick up your items.
- Access to the Hold Lockers is dependent upon building hours, building capacity, and swipe access (Bannatyne Campus).
Help! The locker door will not open, no matter if I swipe my card or enter my 14 digit number. How can I retrieve my hold?
There are two possible reasons why your card is not working:
- You have replaced your student card but did not make the change in your library account
- You are UM staff and you also have a student card.
- The default card for the library system is the 14-digit student card. Try entering your student ID number rather than your staff ID number.
- If you are UM staff and never use your student card, contact email@example.com so we can adjust your library account.
For assistance or for questions regarding your holds, please email LibraryHolds@umanitoba.ca.
This e-mail account is monitored Monday to Friday, between 8 am and 4 pm. We will respond by the next business day.