1. On the Libraries’ website, select Advanced Search.
2. Sign in to your library account with your UMNetID and password. Sign In link is located at the top right of the screen.
3. Search for the material of interest using title, keyword, or author information. Select Material type : audio visual.
4. Results for audio-visual materials will include: Materials formerly held by Classroom Media Services, Films and videos located in the regular collections of the UM Libraries, and Streaming media.
These materials have a location of ‘Libraries Media Annex’. To request,
1. Click on the Available at link to see the item’s availability and request options.
2. Click on Request.
3. Choose desired request type (“request asap” or “book in advance”) and Pickup Location. Select Request button to complete. You will see a request placed confirmation. You will receive an email to your University of Manitoba email address when the material is ready for pick up.
Request ASAP – material will be retrieved and made available for pickup from chosen library usually within 2-3 business days.
Book in Advance - material can be booked for specific dates (with 7 days advance notice) for pickup from chosen library.
These materials will have a location in one of the UM Libraries. To request:
1. Click on the Available at link.
2. Select Pickup Location and click Request button to submit. You will see a request placed confirmation. You will receive an email to your University of Manitoba email address when the material is ready for pick up.
These materials will have a Full Text Available designation and can be viewed online. To access:
1. Select Full Text Available link.
2. Follow resource instructions for viewing on-screen.