Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Uploading Research Publications to MSpace: What You Need
Uploading Research Publications to MSpace: The Upload Process
Authors are encouraged (and required by some funders) to deposit electronic copies of publications in Open Access repositories. Through these repositories, digital collections are made accessible to the public, and will be preserved for the long term. Some Open Access repositories are institutional, maintained by a university like MSpace, and others are for specific disciplines.
Open Access repository examples are listed below. In addition to Open Access repositories, publishers may permit authors to upload preprints and/or postprints to personal websites and social networking sites such as ResearchGate.
- PubMed Central Canada (PMC Canada)
- Open Access repository for Health Sciences, maintained by National Research Council Canada, Canadian Institutes of Health Research, and US National Library of Medicine
- Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
- Open Access repository for Social Sciences and Humanities, maintained by Social Science Electronic Publishing Inc.
- Directory of academic Open Access repositories, maintained by SHERPA Services at University of Nottingham Centre for Research Communications