Where are the hold lockers located?
- Elizabeth Dafoe Library entrance foyer, 25 Chancellors Circle
This location is for faculty, staff, and students on the Fort Garry campus.
- Neil John Maclean Health Sciences Library (outside library entrance), 2nd floor, 727 McDermot Avenue
This location is for faculty, staff, and students on the Bannatyne campus.
- Education Building, 3rd Floor (across from Room 334) -- unavailable at this time.
COVID NOTE: Access to Hold Lockers is dependent upon building hours, building capacity, and swipe access (Bannatyne Campus).
See access details for hold lockers.
How do I request items be sent to a hold locker?
When requesting an item discovered via Library search, you will see each of the hold lockers as an option in the drop down list of pickup locations. You must be logged in to request items.
How long after a request is made before an item is available to be picked up?
- Once a hold is placed, the item will be available for pick up within 3 – 5 business days.
- When the item is in the hold locker, you will receive an email notification that the item is ready for pickup.
- You will have 3 business days to pick up your items.
Can I place a request for any hold locker?
- The Dafoe Library hold locker is accessible from 10 AM to 6 PM, Monday to Friday
This locker is for Fort Garry campus faculty and students.
- The Neil John Maclean Library hold locker is accessible while the building is open, 5:30 AM to 5:30 PM, every day.
This locker is for Bannatyne campus faculty and students only.
- At this time, the Education Building locker is unavailable.
What if I need an accessible compartment?
Clients can use the Notes field of their hold request to indicate they need an accessible locker.
Where do I return hold locker material?
You may return your hold items to one of the following locations:
- Return slot at Elizabeth Dafoe Library
- Return slot at Sciences & Technology Library
- Return bin outside Neil John Maclean Health Sciences Library
- Return bin at the back of the Dafoe library in the loading dock area
Will document delivery items be placed in the hold lockers?
What if I clients request too many items for the locker, or if the items are too big to fit?
Clients can only have one locker assigned to them at a time. If the requested material doesn't fit, the client will receive an email stating where they can pick up their material.
Help! The locker door will not open, no matter if I swipe my card or enter my 14 digit number. How can I retrieve my hold?
There are two possible reasons why your card is not working:
- You have replaced your student card but did not make the change in your library account
- Contact email@example.com with your corrected/new student ID; and,
- Login to your library account and make the change to your account.
- You are UM staff and you also have a student card.
- The default card for the library system is the 14-digit student card. Try entering your student ID number rather than your staff ID number.
- If you are UM staff and never use your student card, contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can adjust your library account.