How to request your desired physical materials
Until September 1, this service is available only to Faculty, Graduate and Post-Doctorate Students
1. Use Library Search to find items in our collections
2. Click on the title of the desired item.
3. Scroll down to Get it. (Don’t forget to sign in!)
4. Click Request
5. Curbside Pickup will appear under Pickup Location. Click Send Request.
6. When your item(s) is/are available, you will be notified via email. The email will provide more information on how to book a time slot for your pickup. You cannot book a time slot until your item(s) is/are available.
7. If someone else is picking up your item(s), you will be able to add their name when selecting your pickup time slot.
8. Only book one pickup time for all items requested. They will be gathered together for your pickup.
Please follow the pickup process provided over email.
Contactless pickup will be behind Elizabeth Dafoe Library, off Service Road 3N (near parking lot B) on Fort Garry Campus. You (or the person you've designated to pickup your items) will need to provide photo ID.
The UML began offering a temporary scanning service on June 17, 2020 to provide "access" to the physical collections, with some staff returning to campus in rotation to provide support for retrieving and scanning of requested materials.
Below is a description for what happens to those requests once they are received.
Note: We are not providing external Document Delivery services – requesting items from libraries outside the UML. Think of this as the UML providing Document Delivery services from its own collection to its own community. UML is the “Request from another library” in the client’s process for this temporary scanning service.