Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Software / Tools Set Up
Work at Home Projects
Libraries Management has created a Google spreadsheet of projects called UML Remote Work Inventory for staff who are working at home. You can access the spreadsheet using the link below. If you have questions about the projects see the page in this guide, Who to Contact.
UML Remote Work Inventory
Forwarding your Phone - New Cisco Phones
Forward using Jabber
Assuming you have one of the new Cisco phones (this is not applicable for the other phones), you can forward your phone to another number using jabber, so you don't have to go in to forward it. In order to do this:
- Sign in to jabber.
- Click on the settings gear
- Go to the "self-care portal," open self-care and log in
- On the webpage, in the left-hand navigation bar, you will see "Call forwarding." You can change the number there; make sure to save.
- VPN in to the UofM
- Click on https://smacs.ad.umanitoba.ca
- Login with your UMNetID and password
- Forward phone
IST Service Desk
Contact IST For Assistance
Extended IST Service Desk Hours:
Friday, Mar 20 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday, Mar 21 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Sunday, Mar 22 9:00 am – 4:00 pm