The Neil John Maclean Health Sciences Library will provide assessment tools and outcome measures for loan to faculty, students and staff of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA) with a valid University of Manitoba (U of M) Library ID. If you qualify to borrow a tool you will need to fill out and present this form to the NJMHSL Circulation staff.
Open the following sections for information on:
Patrons borrowing the tools will sign an Assessment Tool Loan Agreement Form
on loan out and on return. By signing the loan agreement, borrowers will assume responsibility of the tools and conditions of use. These conditions of use include:
- Tools are for education, research and reference and are not to be used in clinical settings with patients or research subjects.
- Tools are for in-library use only unless permission is requested for use outside the library (see below).
- Tools are loaned out for a period of two hours unless the request is for outside library use (see below). The tools must be returned at least one hour before closing. The default reserve fine schedule will apply to overdue returns.
- Tools are comprised of various parts such as manuals, test booklets/forms, norms, scoring algorithms, test protocols, etc., that are copyrighted and borrowers must comply with copyright laws. Copyright labels are affixed to the tool items as a reminder.
Outside Library Use
Only faculty, staff and students of the School of Medical Rehabilitation are permitted to borrow tools for use outside the library. The following conditions apply:
- Faculty and staff who plan to use the tools for teaching or research may borrow tools for a period not to exceed (1) week.
- Students who plan to use tools for independent study, class presentations or education sessions in clinic or fieldwork sites may borrow the tools for a period not to exceed 24 hours.
- Students require supervising faculty to co-sign the Loan Agreement Form for such instances.
Loans to Therapists not Affiliated with the U of M or WRHA
In some instances therapists in the community who are not affiliated with the University of Manitoba or the WRHA may want to access the tool collection. This group may borrow items from the tool collection under the same conditions outlined above with the following additional requirements:
- Proof of qualifications as a therapist (e.g. membership in a professional organization such as the Canadian Occupational Therapy Association, Canadian Physiotherapy Association, etc.).
- Appropriate identification is provided in place of UofM Library ID (e.g. valid driver’s license).
- Tools are for in-library use only with no exceptions.
Tools are not available for document delivery.