Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
PubMed PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine, provides access to millions of citations from MEDLINE and additional life science journals. PubMed includes links to many sites providing full text articles and other related resources.
Databases to find articles about assessment tools.
CINAHL with Full Text CINAHL covers nursing, physical and occupation therapy, dietetics, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and other allied health disciplines. In addition, this database offers access to health care books, nursing dissertations,selected conference proceedings, standards of practice, educational software, audiovisuals and book chapters.
Scopus SCOPUS indexes over 17,600 journals and 29 book series in the life, health, physical, and social sciences.
ERIC Coverage: 1966-present
The ERIC (Educational Resources Information Center) database is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Edcation to provide extensive access to educational-related literature. ERIC provides coverage of journal articles, conferences, meetings, government documents, theses, dissertations, reports, audiovisual media, bibliographies, directories, books and monographs.
PsycINFO Coverage: 1806-present
This database is published by the American Psychological Association and provides comprehensive indexing and abstracts of the international psychological literature from the 1800s to the present. Documents indexed include journals, articles, books, dissertations and more.
Mental Measurements Yearbook Simultaneous user limit: 12
Mental Measurements Yearbook provides a guide to over 2,000 contemporary testing instruments, allowing users to evaluate test products within the areas of psychology, education, business, and leadership. Intended for a wide audience, from novice test consumers to professionals.
Find Assessment Tools
- To retrieve all tools held in the library goto the Advanced Search in the catalogue and:
- Do a keyword search using the term "ATOOL" in the first box
- Limit to "Avialable in the Library" just above the resutls, this will give you the full list of tools currently available at the U of M Health Science Library
- To retrieve a specific tool in the library, goto the Advanced Search in the catalogue and:
- Change the field (first box that says "Any") to "Title," search on the tool name, i.e. Arthritis Impact Measurement
- You may also want to add the term "ATOOL" to the second box, leave the field as "Any"
- Select and click on the appropriate title from the displayed list
Searching for Assessment Tools in Databases
Neil John Maclean
Health Sciences Library
University of Manitoba
727 McDermot Avenue