Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Google Scholar Settings
Results in Google Scholar may include links to content in the University of Manitoba Libraries. For such links to be visible, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Start by going to Google Scholar, available at scholar.google.ca. Access to Google Scholar is also provided on the Libraries’ homepage, and the Libraries’ Databases A-Z list. Select the menu icon on the left hand side of the Google Scholar homepage.
- From the dropdown list, select Settings.
- Select the Library Links option.
- In the text box, enter “Manitoba” and select Search.
- From your search results, check the box for “University of Manitoba – Check Library Access” and save your settings.
- Google Scholar will now provide an option to check the availability of certain items in the University of Manitoba Libraries’ collection via the “Check Library Access” link.
If you have further questions about modifying settings in Google Scholar, please talk to your subject librarian, or contact any University of Manitoba library.