Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Literature Searches for Knowledge Syntheses - Tier 2 - Consultation
Who is eligible to use the service?
- University of Manitoba Bannatyne Campus Graduate Students & Residents
- University of Manitoba Bannatyne Campus Faculty
What is required of you?
Before meeting with the librarian:
- Determine what you would like to get out of your meeting with the librarian
- Identify examples of articles relevant to your project and bring them to your meeting
After the project is complete:
- Formal acknowledgement of the librarian's contribution in the final product (ex: journal publication) is required.
What services can the librarian provide?
Depending on your specific needs, the librarian can help you with:
- Formulating your research question
- Search term development
- Determining sources to search
- Designing a search strategy that is then executed by you
- A general overview of knowledge synthesis processes
- Orientation and advice on relevant software programs such as EndNote