Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SAGE Journals Online
Please note: For open access publishing consideration: UML may have an institutional discount with this publisher for article processing charges (APCs). Consult the following library webpage page for more information.
SAGE Journals Online provides online access to the full text of SAGE journals, spanning the humanities, social sciences, and science, technology, and medicine.
Why do we use artices?
- are up-to-date.
- announce new research before the information appears in books.
- are useful to find out how an event was viewed or reported at the time it happened.
- provide authoritative/scholarly/peer-reviewed information.
- provide specific/specialized information on a topic.
Popular vs. scholarly articles
- Usually published once per week or once per month
- Geared to the general public.
- Articles are generally shorter.
- Articles not always signed.
- Cover a wide range of topics.
- Broadly summarize research and current issues.
- Contain many advertisements and photographs.
- Usually published on a monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly basis.
- Evaluated by and geared to scholars, researchers or professionals.
- Articles always signed.
- Contain articles with in-depth analysis.
- Explain research methodology and research findings and have bibliographies.
- Usually sponsored by an academic or professional organization
Library Access Browser Extension
The Library Access browser extension provides quick and simple access to digital content provided by the University of Manitoba Libraries wherever and whenever you decide to study.