Archives & Special Collections of the University of Manitoba Libraries offers financial support each year for those scholars and researchers interested in using the Archives' growing number of valuable manuscript and imprint collections. The T. Glendenning Research Grant is directed to researchers, graduate students, faculty members, staff, and others whose research projects call for intensive, on-site use of the Hamilton or other collections housed in the Department. A limited number of short-term grants of from $300.00 to $600.00 are available for reimbursement of transportation, subsistence, and related research costs. Tuition payments are not covered by the program.
Those wishing to apply must complete an application form and submit it to:
The T. Glendenning Hamilton Research Grant Program
Archives & Special Collections
330 Elizabeth Dafoe Library
University of Manitoba
Donate to the T. Glendenning Hamilton Research Grant
Terms and Conditions
- It is understood and agreed that the Grantee is a recipient of a grant and is not as such an employee of the University of Manitoba.
- The Grantee agrees to submit to the University of Manitoba, when the project is completed, a report of the results accomplished. If the project is not completed within a year the University of Manitoba should be informed with an indication of when it is likely to be completed.
- The Grantee agrees to perform the research as specified in the original application.
- The Grantee agrees that apparatus or materials of lasting value purchased by a grant from the University of Manitoba shall not be disposed of after completion of the investigation, except after consultation with the University of Manitoba and in accord with its wishes.
- The Grantee agrees that any publication of the results of the work supported in whole or in part by a grant from the University of Manitoba shall state in the acknowledgements, preface, or footnotes, that the work was aided by T. Glendenning Hamilton Research Grant from the University of Manitoba.
- The Grantee agrees that a complimentary copy of a final printed work supported by the grant shall be forwarded to the University of Manitoba.
- The Grantee agrees not to change the research project for which the grant was made without approval of the University of Manitoba.
- The Grantee agrees to abide by the rules and regulations governing the use of all collections in Archives & Special Collections, University of Manitoba Libraries.
- In the event that the recipient of a grant shall fail to commence in a reasonable time and thereafter to continue work on the project for which the grant was made, the University shall be under no obligation to make any payments, or, if any has been made, to make any further payments.
Applications will be accepted throughout the year.
Application Form (Signature requirements prohibits completion of form on-line)