Hi everyone, this is a library guide created for students in the Social Work Thompson program and Social Work Distance Education program. In this libguide, you will find information on Library Services, how to get started with research, recommended databases to find journal articles and newspapers, and citing information.
Below is a list of Library Services that will help you throughout your journey as a UofManitoba student!
- Learn at the libraries: The library is here to help you! On this site you will find information on Academic Writing, Searching the Library, Evaluating Sources, and References & Citations to help you with your assignments!
- Lean Library Browser Extension: Download this browser extension to get quick and simple access to licensed content provided by the University of Manitoba Libraries anytime, anywhere.
- Scan on Demand: If there’s a chapter of a print book from our library collection that you would like scanned, you can request it through Scan on Demand. Unfortunately, we can only scan one chapter or 10% of a book.
- Document Delivery: For materials that are not held in the UM Libraries collection, you may request to borrow from another institution using our Document Delivery service. Here’s the document delivery online form.
- Request items to ship to your home address: coming soon!
- Accessibility Services: If your require alternate formats for course readings, we can help you! You would need to register with Student Accessibility Services (SAS) before submitting an online request. For more information, you can contact: LibraryAccessibility@umanitoba.ca
- Reading Lists for students: If your course is using the Reading Lists tool in UMLearn here are some instructions on how to use the tool.