Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- The Architecture of Edward & W.S. Maxwell: The Canadian Legacy
- Architectural Index for Ontario - The Metro Toronto Reference Library has compiled an index of periodical and monograph citations on buildings throughout Ontario.
- Biographical Dictionary of Architects in Canada (1800-1950) - Contains biographies of over 2,200 architects who lived and worked in Canada as well as those architects who resided in the United States, Britain and elsewhere, and for whom it is now possible to link their names with buildings constructed in Canada.
- Canadian Architect
- Canadian Architect and Builder - The Canadian Architect and Builder (CAB) was published between 1888 and 1908 and is the only professional architectural journal published in Canada before World War I. Beautifully filled with photographs, drawings, advertisements and valuable articles, CAB provides a wealth of information on the state of architecture and building in Canada during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Canadian Centre for Architecture - This excellent source includes links to other architecture web sites.
- Canada's Historic Places - Provides a single source of information about all historic places recognized for their heritage value at the local, provincial, territorial and national levels throughout Canada.
- Canadian Heritage Information Network - Réseau canadien d'information sur le patrimoine
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
- Canadian Women Artists History Initiative - Based in the Department of Art History at Concordia University in Montreal, CWAHI is a collaborative endeavour that fosters and circulates scholarly research into women’s contributions to the cultural and material history of Canada. Women architects born before 1965 are included.
- Site Magazine - Both a magazine and a blog, Site is an Independent journal of contemporary architecture, landscape, urbanism, and design in Canada.
- Society for the study of Architecture in Canada
- Spacing.ca - Both a magazine and a blog, Spacing was launched in the fall of 2003 by a group of young journalists and public space advocates in Toronto, and has grown to cover cities across Canada.
- 2030 Palette - A resource for the design of zero-carbon, adaptable, and resilient built environments worldwide.
- AEC InfoCenter: Architecture: Sites of Interest -
- Aladdin Homes - This is the archives of Canadian Aladdin Co., where one could order homes from their 1918 catalogue.
- ARCAT- "ARCAT is the leading online resource of FREE building product information."
- ArchDaily -In addition to daily posts, includes overviews (information, photos, drawings, plans) of hundreds of projects as well as highlighting their 100 top projects.
- Architizer -"Architizer connects architects to a vibrant network of peers, fans, and potential clients."
- Archinect - images, news, discussion groups, jobs, an events calendar, books and reviews. The image collection here consists of nearly 1,000 photographs of architecture world wide.
- archINFORM-The largest online-database covering international architects and buildings from past to present. It includes images, histories, bibliographies, and more.
- Architecture Lab -"The goal of Architecture Lab is to make architecture more connected, and bring together architects/designers from around the world searching for the latest architectural news: projects, products, events, interviews and competitions among others."
Beyond the Built Environment- Engages community through architecture to advocate equitable, reflectively diverse environments.
- Cyburbia.org: Internet Resources for the Built Environment - a comprehensive directory of Internet resources relevant to planning, architecture and the built environment. Also known as "PAIRC - Planning and Architecture Internet Resource Center."
Daily Dose of Architecture
- Dimensions.Guide - a comprehensive reference database of dimensioned drawings documenting the standard measurements and sizes of the everyday objects and spaces that make up our world.
- Emporis - Building Directory - Emporis collects information about buildings worldwide and provides basic information and data for free. Other parts of the website offer a paid service.
- Global Architectural History Teaching Collaborative (GAHTC) - A digital humanities project housed in the Department of Architecture at MIT with the ambition to address the needs of educators in diverse disciplinary contexts by providing practical lecture materials for teaching global architectural history at the survey and introductory level.
- Looking at Buildings (LAB)- Created by the Pevsner Architectural Guides, LAB is an introduction to architecture with pages on building types, architectural styles and traditions and building materials and methods of construction.
- Pioneering Women of American Architecture
- Stuck in the Studio - a blog for architectural students
- Sustainable Design Resources (Berkley UC)
- Sears Archive - this includes pictures and information of homes that one could purchase from the Sears Catalogue.
- WikiArquitectura- "WikiArquitectura celebrates the most relevant architects and buildings from all times. We study, analyze and document them to create the largest online architecture encyclopedia."
- World Architecture Community - "An independent global forum and extensive database which hopes to become the 'Home Page' of architects from ALL countries of the world."
- Vassar College Art Library - This is an excellent site for architectural resources including image catalogues & building registries, architects, codes, standards & data archives, manufacturer information etc.
Building Product Information
Sweets is the building product source for AEC professionals (Architects, Contractors, and Engineers). Sweets is like no other building product resource - with comprehensive product information, CAD details, BIM objects, specs, catalogs, galleries, green product information, CEUs and more. And now with the new Sweets Autodesk Revit® app plug-in - you can easily search, select and annotate product information directly into your projects using the Sweets ProductTAG.