Internet resources in support of the German Studies Programs offered in the Department of German & Slavic Studies
Four Internet Gateways for German Studies/Germanistik lead to comprehensive listings of e-Resources in this Field
Many are academic or institutional "open access" sites & free! Detailed catalogue records exist for most.
For commercial e-Holdings see the UML's e-Library
- German Studies Web
(WESS WEB/ACRL; covers other European areas)
- Germanistik im Netz (Uni Frankfurt)
im Internet / Erlanger Liste
- Germanistik.Net (Alan Ng, UMadison)
Other useful databases:
- MLA International Bibliography
- Most comprehensive annual bibliography on literature, languages, folklore, and linguistics, including German titles. Covers books, articles and websites from 1925 to the present.
Journals relevant to German Studies:
- Germanistik: internationales Referatenorgan mit bibliographischen Hinweisen. An essential bibliography of criticism on German literature and authors, arranged in chronological sequences. Published quarterly, with annual subject and author indexes.
- Year's Work in Modern Language Studies. Annual critical survey of books and articles on modern languages and literature. Includes a section on Germanic Languages, covering Language and Linguistics; Medieval Literature; The Sixteenth Century; Literature, 1830-1880; Literature, 1880-1945; Literature, 1945-1990; and Literature and Film, 1990 to the Present Day.