2109 Portage Avenue Winnipeg (Map)
J.W. Crane Memorial Library collection consists of books, journals and audiovisual materials in the subject area of geriatrics, gerontology and long-term care.
J.W, Crane Memorial Library Libguide
- The J.W. Crane Memorial Library is accessible to wheelchair-users.
- Anticipate obstruction and narrowing of pathways from book stacks, book trucks, and study carrels.
- There is no designated accessible parking for street parking. The Deer Lodge Centre’s visitor parking lot (eastside of building off of Woodlawn Street) has accessible parking.
Building and library entrance
- The main entrance to Deer Lodge Centre is located off Portage Avenue and has good wheelchair access.
- To get to the Library from the main entrance, take the first hallway on the left. Go down the ramp and continue straight down the hall to the entrance of the J.W. Crane Memorial Library.
Library catalogue and computers
- Located at the back of the library.
- Located on the north side of the Library.
- Wheelchairs can go past the stacks but there is not enough space to enter the stacks. Staff will assist with obtaining library materials.
- There are 2 wheelchair accessible washrooms located outside the Library in Deer Lodge Centre.
- The closest one to Library is halfway up the ramp going back to the Deer Lodge Centre main entrance, on the left-hand side
- To locate the 2nd washroom, go to the top of the ramp; turn left onto Deer Lodge Centre’s Main Street (i.e. main hallway); go past the Day Hospital, Social Work and Rehabilitation departments; washrooms are on the right-hand side.
Photocopiers and Print Stations
- The printer is located beside the Library’s computers. The photocopier is located at the front of the Library by the Circulation/Reference desk. Staff will assist patron with the photocopier
- A public telephone is located near the Security Office just inside Deer Lodge Centre’s main entrance off of Portage Avenue.