Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Sciences and Technology Library Accessibility
186 Dysart Road, Winnipeg, MB, 211 Machray Hall
Sciences and Technology Library Website
- The Sciences and Technology Library is not very accessible to wheelchair-users.
- Anticipate obstruction and narrowing of pathways and doorways from book stacks, booktrucks, and study carrels.
- There is no designated accessible parking for street parking. Sifton Road between Allen and Parker buildings has accessible parking. For further information on Accessible Parking contact Parking Services at 204-474-9483
Building and library entrance
- Sciences and Technology Library is on the main floor of Machray Hall. Building has accessible entrance to the library (but entrance doorway to the library is narrow).
- To get there in a wheelchair, enter through the ramp by Allen and Armes Building, then head to Machray Hall
- Located on the main floor on the left past the circulation desk
- Computers are at desk level
- Apple Computer on the "accessibility table "
- Normal computer tables
- Computer Labs doors are standard width
- The first level is spacious with 32 computers with high and low shelves in the Reference Section.
- None on the main floor - need to use the ones outside the library.
- All other floors have washrooms but they are not wheelchair accessible
Photocopiers and Print Stations
- 2nd floor - 2 photocopiers & 1 Pay for Print station
- 3rd floor - 1 photocopier
- 4th floor - 1 photocopier