401 Robson Hall, 224 Dysart Road
The EK Williams Law Library is comprised mostly of print law texts, reports, and statutes and provides access to a full-suite of Canadian, English, and American legal resources, to relevant microforms as well as some online legal materials.
Reference: 204-474-6372; Circulation: 204-474-9997
Building Access Information
- Wheelchair entrance from front of building to main floor of building.
Automatic entrance doors.
- Access to library via elevator located on main floor.
- Most aisles in Law Library are the minimum wheelchair width (36”).
- Study desks can accommodate wheelchairs.
- Accessible counter at Circulation Desk.
- Two accessible parking spaces in front of building. One spot in use most days as one of professors parks there on a regular basis.
- Four metered spots in front of building somewhat suitable for accessible parking.
- Metered parking in last two rows of B Parking Lot in back of Robson Hall. However, accessible entrance is in the front of building.
Building and library entrance
- Good access to front of building.
- Curb cut on side walk for wheelchair access from front parking/ loading area.
- Back parking lot has drop off area with ramp to sidewalk. Sidewalk goes around the building to front entrance.
· Good access to Law Library from elevator.
- Access in lobby just outside library doors.
Facility Access Information
- Accessible washrooms in library lobby. Washrooms are very accessible, but no automated doors into washrooms. Accessibility of stalls in washrooms is good.
(Location of the washrooms and accessibility Location of secondary washrooms as well as accessibility of those washrooms)
Photocopiers and Print Stations
- Photocopier just inside library entrance. Coin and card use. Too high for most wheelchair use.
- One photo copier further inside library, but also too high for most wheelchairs.
- Print station in easily accessible central library area, but too high for most wheelchairs.
- Pay phone in basement of building. Too high for most wheelchair access.
Library catalogue and computers
- Accessible public terminal close to library entrance.
- Desktop computers located in study carrels along south wall of Law Library. Wheelchair access somewhat difficult.
- Laptops are available for the use of law students. Must be signed out from the Reserve Desk.
- One computer on a wheelchair accessible workstation.