Architecture/Fine Arts Library 206 Russell Building
Books and journals to support study and teaching in the fields of Art, Architecture, City Planning, Interior Design and Landscape Architecture.
204-474-8447 (reference); 204-474-9216 (circulation)
Architecture/Fine Arts Library Homepage
Building Access Information
- The Architecture/Fine Arts library is difficult for wheelchair-users to access. A wheelchair accessible door is located at the bottom of the loading area if arriving by car and off the tunnel if arriving inside from another building. The building elevator is close to this entrance. The elevator must be used to go to the 2nd level (main floor) to access the library. The library door is narrow unless both sides are fully opened. Staff can assist. In order to use the collection in the basement of the library a wheel-chair user must return to the elevator and go to the basement level. A staff member will meet the user at the back door of the library, accompany them into the book stacks and assist them in finding the required material.
- There are two designated accessible parking spaces in the loading area.
Building and library entrance
- The Russell Building is not accessible by wheelchair from the outside. Users must enter via the loading doc area or via the tunnel system.
There is no elevator in the library. Users must use the elevator located in the Russell building and ask staff for assistance to gain entrance to the lower level of the library.
Facility Access Information
- There are wheelchair accessible washrooms on the lower (basement) level and on the third floor of the Russell Building.
Photocopiers and Print Stations
The photocopier and print station are located on the main floor of the library.
There are no public telephones in the library or building.
- A height adjustable table in the Reading Room
Library catalogue and computers
Computers are available on both levels of the library.
- There is no computer lab in the library.