727 McDermont Ave, mezzanine level of the Brodie Centre (elevator access)
Neil John Maclean Health Science Library Website
- The Neil John Maclean Health Science library is very accessible to wheelchair-users.
- Anticipate obstruction and narrowing of pathways from book stacks, booktrucks, and study carrels.
- There is no designated accessibility parking for street parking. The Emily Street Parkade has accessible parking.
Building and library entrance
- The Brodie Centre is at street level building with automatic doors.
- To get there in a wheelchair, enter the front doors off of McDermot. Use the accessibility door to your right in the breeze way. Once inside, go to the elevator past the bookstore, take the elevator to the M1 level (mezzanine), exit to the right towards the library.
- Located behind the circular stairwell opposite the entrance to the library.
Library catalogue and computers
- Computers are at desk level.
- The first level is spacious with 30 computers and low book shelves spread throghout the room.
- The second (300) level can be crowded: stacks are arranged perpendicular in the centre of the two wings and are moderately spaced,Other levels are more spacious: aisles are standard in width, though some are very long.
- The two compter labs have standard width doors
- The computers and the desks they sit on are not easily accessible by wheelchair
- Public washrooms in the library have been adapted for access are on the second level.
- Additional washrooms are available outside the library to the right, through the double wide accessible doors. The washrooms will be to your right when you pass through the two white doors. These washrooms are wheelchair accessible.
Photocopiers and Print Stations
- There is a regular photocopier on the main (200) level and the second (300) level.
- There are no public telephones in the main building area.