Print book - Elements to include and formatting
Author(s). Book Title. Edition number (do not indicate 1st edition). Publisher name; most recent copyright year.
Example (print book)
- Rantucci MJ. Pharmacists Talking With Patients: A Guide to Patient Counseling. 2nd ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2007.
eBook - Elements to include and formatting
Author(s). Book Title. Edition number (do not indicate 1st edition). Publisher’s name; most recent copyright year. Accessed date. URL (no period after the URL)
- Olsen CG, Tindall WN, Clasen ME. Geriatric Pharmacotherapy: A Guide for the Helping Professional. American Pharmacists Association; 2007. Accessed February 27, 2020. https://online.statref.com/Document.aspx?docAdd ress=b722bOI4Cx5PboVh08z
Tips (for both print and electronic)
- When referring to an entire book, rather than pages or a specific section, use this format.
- Pay attention to your capitalization in book titles. When citing an entire book, all major words in the title should be capitalized.
- Book title is in italics.
- If each chapter has a different author, please use the Book - Chapter formatting.
- If the entire book was authored by the same person/people, please use the this formatting and include page numbers in text. See "Citing items in-text."