Drug Monograph - elements to include and formatting
Drug Name. In: Specific database title. Publisher. Publication date (if available). Updated date. Accessed date. URL (no period after the URL)
Drug Monograph - Examples
- Entanercept. In: Lexi-Drugs. Lexicomp; 2021. Updated August 22, 2022. Accessed September 2, 2022. http://online.lexi.com
- Aspirin. In: Sweetman, SC, ed. Martindale: The Complete Drug Reference. Lexicomp; 2021. Updated December 15, 2021. Accessed December 20, 2021. http://online.lexi.com
Topic - Example
- Risk factors for COPD. In: Patient Education – Disease and Procedure. Lexicomp; 2021. Updated February 3, 2022. Accessed September 2, 2022. http://online.lexi.com
- Lexicomp, MicroMedex, and CPS follow the same format for drug monographs.
- Specific database title should be in italics.
- You can obtain the “Updated date” information from the Lexicomp results page. Drug update information comes after each link to a drug in the Lexicomp results page.
- The specific database title can be found on the Lexicomp results page. It's in bold above each link to the drug.