Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Format, Example and Tips - Lexicomp
Drug Monograph - elements to include and formatting
Drug Name. In: Specific database title. Publisher. Publication date (if available). Updated date. Accessed date. URL (no period after the URL)
Drug Monograph - Examples
- Entanercept. In: Lexi-Drugs. Lexicomp; 2021. Updated August 22, 2022. Accessed September 2, 2022. http://online.lexi.com
- Aspirin. In: Sweetman, SC, ed. Martindale: The Complete Drug Reference. Lexicomp; 2021. Updated December 15, 2021. Accessed December 20, 2021. http://online.lexi.com
Topic - Example
- Risk factors for COPD. In: Patient Education – Disease and Procedure. Lexicomp; 2021. Updated February 3, 2022. Accessed September 2, 2022. http://online.lexi.com
- Lexicomp, MicroMedex, and CPS follow the same format for drug monographs.
- Specific database title should be in italics.
- You can obtain the “Updated date” information from the Lexicomp results page. Drug update information comes after each link to a drug in the Lexicomp results page.
- The specific database title can be found on the Lexicomp results page. It's in bold above each link to the drug.
Questions about the AMA Manual of Style?
Contact the librarians at the
NJM Health Sciences Library
200 level, Brodie Centre