Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Elements to include and formatting
Author(s). Type of material: Title. In: ClinicalKey. Elsevier; most recent copyright year:pages of chapter. Accessed date. URL (no period after the URL)
Example - Clinical Overviews
- Clinical Overview: Exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. In: ClinicalKey. Elsevier; 2021. Updated October 8, 2021. Accessed December 14, 2021. http://www.clinicalkey.com
Example - Drug monograph
- Gold standard. Drug Monograph: Donepezil. In: ClinicalKey. Elsevier; 2022. Accessed September 2, 2022. http://www.clinicalkey.com
Example - Patient Education
- Elsevier Patient Education. Patient Education: Alzheimer's Disease. In: ClinicalKey. Elsevier; 2022. Accessed September 2, 2022. http://www.clinicalkey.com
- Books. Use Book - whole eBook formatting
- Book chapters. Use Book - chapter eBook formatting
- Journal articles. Use Journal Article - online (URL only) formatting
- Patient education. The copyright holder should go in the author position. This information is located under the title of the topic.
- Drug monograph. The copyright holder should go in the author position. This information is located under the title of the topic.
- The user guide for ClinicalKey provides some guidance as to how to cite Clinical Overviews, drug monographs, patient education, and First Consult materials. "The citation should include the copyright holder, the title of the material, the type of material it is, the date it was published or updated, a reference to ClinicalKey with the appropriate URL, and the date it was viewed."[ClinicalKey]
Questions about the AMA Manual of Style?
Contact the librarians at the
NJM Health Sciences Library
200 level, Brodie Centre