Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Apps and Tools
This page provides a selection of apps and tools, both available through the WRHA Virtual Library as well as external options.
If there is something in particular you are looking for, let us know.
Point of Care
- Lexicomp Mobile: collection of clinical databases and tools, including drug identification and dosage calculation.Learn more about accessing Lexicomp.
- CPS Mobile: Canadian Pharmacists Association app for patient-centred clinical decision support tools.
- Epocrates: free app with drug monographs and interaction checker, via App Store or Google Play.
Examples of paid apps offering reference information on tests and laboratory values include:
- Zotero: free reference management tool. Check out our webinar on getting started with Zotero.
- Mendeley: an alternative free reference manager.
- Evernote: free organizational app to create and share notes and other files, via App Store or Google Play
- LibKey: search tool that allows you to get instant access to full texts of articles through the WRHA Virtual Library by searching a DOI or PMID
- LibKey Nomad: browser extension that adds a button to instantly download PDF to publisher websites and PubMed.
- Open Access Helper: app and browser extension to find open-access versions of articles. Check out our tutorial video.
- Google Scholar Library Links allows you to access WRHA Virtual Library resources via a Google Scholar search. Check out our tutorial video to learn how to enable this feature.
- Open Access Button: enter a URL, citation, or article identifier to find open-access versions.
App Reviews and Collections
App reviews help you locate and assess potential apps.
- iMedicalApps: online publication written by physicians and medical students who provide reviews of mobile health technology and apps.
- You can also check out our webinar on finding and evaluating apps.